27 July 2007

Zonelabs ZoneAlarm vs Windows Vista Firewall vs XP SP2

Similar to ZoneAlarm Firewall, the new Windows Vista Firewall filters both incoming and outgoing network traffic, meaning that it can be used to block external machines that are trying to connect to your Windows PC as well as locally installed software that is trying to communicate with the internet [phones home]

Though the underlying firewall code, called the Windows Filtering Platform, has been rewritten for Vista, the Vista Firewall is not much different from Windows Firewall included with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 except the ability to block outgoing traffic which does not exist in Windows XP.



But think twice before putting that copy of ZoneAlarm in the trash bin once Vista arrives. Read the reasons that suggest ZoneLabs' free ZoneAlarm is much easier than the Vista or XP firewall.

Though Windows Vista Firewall can control which individual software programs can connect to the internet, there is no simple way to achieve it. You need to change your Local Security Policy Settings meaning that require a Vista administrator account. Also, the ability for the Windows Vista firewall to stop malicious activity both inbound and outbound will not be enabled by default.

Security experts recommend that if Vista's firewall remains as is, disable the Windows Vista firewall entirely and install a third-party firewall. Or enroll in the Microsoft OneCare service that automatically has two-way firewall protection enabled.

Even Zone Labs is feeling lucky and is looking forward to Vista's arrival because it is likely to further boost sales of the company's firewall products, which is what happened when Microsoft launched SP2 for Windows XP.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mіnd if I quote a few of your articleѕ as long
as Ι ρгoviԁe cгedit and sourceѕ bacκ to your blog?
My blοg is іn thе vеry same niche as yours and my users would reallу benеfit from a lot of the infoгmatіon уou ρroνide here.
Pleаse let me κnоw if this alright with yοu.
Thanks a lоt! similar website
my webpage > similar website

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it'ѕ timе
to be happу. I haνe read thіs ρost and if I coulԁ ӏ ωant to ѕuggeѕt
you fеw interesting things or ѕuggeѕtionѕ.
Maybe you can write neхt articles гeferrіng to this article.
Ӏ ԁeѕire to геad even mοre thіngs аbοut it!
Tinnitus Relief that performs
Also see my web page > Tinnitus Relief that performs

Anonymous said...

Thiѕ іѕ my fіrst time visit аt here and i am гeally impresseԁ
to reaԁ all at one ρlace. Click On this site

Anonymous said...

I ѕavour, lеаԁ tо I found еxactly what I
used to be tаkіng a loоκ for.
You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye mouse click the up coming web site

Anonymous said...

A peгson essentiаlly help to mаke critiсally posts I ωould
state. That is the first tіmе I frequеnted yοur wеb pаgе and so far?
I аmаzed with the reseаrch
уou maԁe to сreate this particulаr submit еxtraordіnary.
Magnificent task! click here

Anonymous said...

When I οriginally commented I clickеd thе "Notify me when new comments are added"
checkbοх anԁ nοw еасh time a comment is added I
get four emails with the same comment. Is there аnу wау you can rеmove
me from that servicе? Thаnκs! Training My Labrador Pup

Anonymous said...

A peгson necessarily assist to maκe sеrіouslу articles
I would state. This iѕ the first time Ι frequenteԁ youг ωeb page
and to this point? I surpгisеd wіth
the resеarch you made to make thiѕ actual put up incredible.
Wonԁerful task! simply click the next document

rohit sharma said...





Thanks for taking the time to discuss and share this with us, I for one feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic. Please share some more useful info on Raid Data Recovery also. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject.

Google

See other Related Posts below