02 December 2006

Google Talk Limited Within Orkut

It looks like Google is beginning to marry Google Talk with Orkut, as several new features are already appearing within my Orkut account.



Unfortunately it is not a full blown version of Gtalk within Orkut, although you can see the basics of one being developed. In order to sign up, users need to visit http://www.orkut.com/GoogleTalkSignup.aspx .

Users already familiar with Google Talk (and active using it) will simply need to connect their Orkut account with their Gtalk account. You will have the option to simply have all of your Orkut friends see you, or select which ones can view your status manually.

Once you connect the two, you will begin to see changes within Gtalk, that is if your friend has an Orkut account.



(Note: Name removed to protect the innocent.)


Although I do enjoy these teasers from Google, I await the full blown version of Gtalk underneath my Orkut profile.

Note: Is it me, or did anyone else notice the color change around your profile picture? I wonder if the change was made in order to match Orkut's skin for Gtalk?

No comments:

Google

See other Related Posts below